Yay Oscars


I just want to say how excited I am for the Oscars on Sunday! Normally I watch most of the major awards shows, if only so I can see the pretty dresses, but this season has been sadly lacking. So I'm hoping that the Oscars will be especially good to make up for it!!! Not to mention, I have to redeem myself in the annual PLACK family Oscar pool (since I believe that Lavs somehow pulled off the upset last year)!!!


Surprisingly, I actually have seen all of the Best Picture nominees this year - and other than "Michael Clayton" (which I still don't really get what all the fuss is about, it wasn't that great, and "Jesse James" was way better) they are all awesome movies! I think that "There Will Be Blood" is one you should all see, simply for Daniel Day-Lewis' performance, it was really impressive. But by far, IMHO, the best of the crop was "No Country For Old Men" - even though it was incredibly violent and extremely strange, it was just a beautifully-made movie and stayed with me for a long time after I saw it. "Juno" is probably the movie that appeals to the most people though, and it was so funny and sweet, definitely one I will buy when it comes out on DVD (or steal from Sara who already has a copy from "someone who knows someone who gets to vote on them" or something)....


Anyways, look for my victory posting when I clean up on Sunday! ;)

Comments

Unknown said…
That's some pretty confident talk from someone who got spanked by Lavs last year... By the way, I love the new look on your blog!
Laurie said…
I am totally shooting in the dark this year, having only seen Atonement. So you will prolly win. I'm wishing you were going to be here to watch with us! We will have to all IM or something.
Katie said…
yeah, i'm making Sara come over (i think she's bringing her work) so i don't have to watch alone! :)
Meg said…
You only saw them all because you live in LA and thought you'd have a chance in hell of being a seat filler. I'm on to you Katherine Ann. And Lowdie totally kicked ass last year at the PLACK Oscar Party.
Laurie said…
exactly! and Katie quashed my Oscar seat-filler dream by telling me they expect you to be sort of glam and good looking.