Pages

A high-heel loving gal and her trusty sidekick…
Saturday, June 9, 2012

running week 2-3

Well, Trying-to-Run week 2-3 update:

Things are going so-so.

The positives:

  • I actually sort of like it!  I can see myself maybe learning to not hate it... :)
  • It definitely jump-starts the weight loss - the week I ran all 3 runs, I lost 2 1/2 pounds
  • I feel great. After. (Not during.)
  • I haven't died yet.  And I've made it through each run of week 1 and week 2 without quitting/cheating!  Week 3 is supposed to start on Monday... Eek!
The negatives:
  • My knee.  It does not like it when I run. At all.  I thought I screwed something up, went to check in with my knee doc... he basically just said my knee would probably never really like running. He doesn't recommend it. But that I can really do whatever I want. So we'll see.  As of halfway through the Week 2 stuff, I've been switching off between running on treadmill/road and using the elliptical to lessen the impact.  
  • That's pretty much it.  As long as my knee will tolerate it, I'm definitely planning to keep it up!

3 comments:

Laurie said...

pay attention to the knee and don't overdo. I'm proud of you for sticking with it. And I am not ready to join you yet.

Lis said...

Have you gotten good running shoes? I hear they're worth it. Glad you're sticking with it.

Katie said...

i thought so, but i may need to look into some different shoes to see if that helps...