running week 2-3

Well, Trying-to-Run week 2-3 update:

Things are going so-so.

The positives:

  • I actually sort of like it!  I can see myself maybe learning to not hate it... :)
  • It definitely jump-starts the weight loss - the week I ran all 3 runs, I lost 2 1/2 pounds
  • I feel great. After. (Not during.)
  • I haven't died yet.  And I've made it through each run of week 1 and week 2 without quitting/cheating!  Week 3 is supposed to start on Monday... Eek!
The negatives:
  • My knee.  It does not like it when I run. At all.  I thought I screwed something up, went to check in with my knee doc... he basically just said my knee would probably never really like running. He doesn't recommend it. But that I can really do whatever I want. So we'll see.  As of halfway through the Week 2 stuff, I've been switching off between running on treadmill/road and using the elliptical to lessen the impact.  
  • That's pretty much it.  As long as my knee will tolerate it, I'm definitely planning to keep it up!

Comments

Laurie said…
pay attention to the knee and don't overdo. I'm proud of you for sticking with it. And I am not ready to join you yet.
Lis said…
Have you gotten good running shoes? I hear they're worth it. Glad you're sticking with it.
Katie said…
i thought so, but i may need to look into some different shoes to see if that helps...