boo

Welp, the Seattle b-day trip was quite eventful.  But NOT in a good way.


About 20 miles past Ritzville, in the middle of NOWHERE with NO cell phone reception of course, my car starts shaking and rattling like no one's business.  Uh oh.


We pull over, I check the oil (the only thing I can do), and call my dad.  Who is really not super helpful.  (Basically, I want him to tell me the car is fine and I don't need to worry. He does not say this.)


We limp our way to Moses Lake (running on gas fumes as well, as if things aren't hairy enough right now), and head to an Auto Zone to get the check engine code.  Which is "not good," according to the guy.  Then we limp our way to 2 more shops to find someone open.  


Finally, after multiple times where my hopes get really high that things will be fine, we learn that things are not fine.  At all.  A cylinder with lost compression, apparently.  Which most likely means that my wonderful, trusty Volvo will be possibly needing a new motor.


Ugh.  


Now to work on my super-duper-favorite-daughter-pouting skills and convince my dearest daddy to come across the country to fix it for me so I don't have to spend all my London trip money on this darn car...

Comments

Laurie said…
Tony L. Get Over Here. Your baby girl needs you.
Unknown said…
Agreed. We need you daddy, plus you can then visit Grandpa Tony. :)
Sue said…
geez - sounds like my car - apparently Land Rovers can cover thousands of trekking miles with no oil or gas - but I have to take mine into the shop if I take a chance and drive across town . . .
Meg said…
Boo. I hate car shit. They have caused me many of tears. Just buy new...they have warranties:). And marry into the Mike Prentice family...he's a car genius like your pops, and only lives 9 miles away;).