amazing

I just read this poem (in one of my new favorite books, if you are into this sort of thing, called "Love Poems from God"... a collection of writings from various sacred voices).

I don't know why but this is seriously speaking to me right now.
So I figured maybe one of you would like it too. (And if not, that's cool, just wait for the next scintillating blog post - coming sometime soon-ish.) :D

Capax Universi - from Thomas Aquinas (1225-1274)

Capax universi, capable of the universe are your arms
when they move with love.

And I know it is true that your feet are never
more alive than when they are in
defense of a good
cause.

I want to fund your efforts: Stay near beauty, for she will always
strengthen you.

She will bring your mouth close to hers and
breathe - inspire you the way
light does the
fields.

The earth inhales God, why
should we not do
the same?

This sacred flame we tend inside needs
the chants of every tongue,
the communion with
all.

As capable as God
are we.

Comments

Laurie said…
very cool. I heart the 13th century :-)