Pages

A high-heel loving gal and her trusty sidekick…
Saturday, January 15, 2011

update

Knee update!

Yes, my ACL is still torn. However, the doc says I'm doing an awesome job with my crutching and brace-wearing (even though I hate it more than anything else in my whole whole whole life)... He is still confident that my MCL/ACL will heal up without surgery! I am not holding my breath, but will be super happy if I don't have to do knee surgery after all this nonsense.

Yesterday I finally got released to start some physical therapy and gym time (bike only)! I still have to wear a brace, but after whining at Dr Peterson for a few minutes he agreed I could downgrade to a bit sportier one - it is on order and I should have it in a week or so! Yay!!! I start PT on tuesday...

Went to the gym this morning to give the bike riding a go... It was definitely SLOOOWWW going, as my knee is still pretty resistant to full extension/flexion (it does NOT like to be straightened at all). So that should get better in time I hope. It was pain-free at least. Although when I say slow, i mean SLOW - couldn't even pedal fast enough to keep the bike turned on LOL! But that's okay, I made it 35 minutes before deciding I probably shouldn't get too gung-ho on Day 1. Dr's goal (and mine) is 60 minutes every day. I go back to him in a month, and will either have a good progress report or possibly a decision on the surgery at that point...

Sadly, I'm still on a crutch (only 1 at least) for the next month, boo. But at least things are getting better... :)

5 comments:

Cara said...

it's progress!!!

Laurie said...

awesome news! And your legs look JUST LIKE the picture (with a little bit of X-ing) :-) Great job on the bike, now be sure to go again tomorrow!

Katie said...

haha, maybe my legs will look like that when all is said and done... a girl can dream, right?

damn Sundstrom genes....

Lis said...

Good job! fingers crossed on no surgery. After all this time I hope it just heals on it's own.

Meg said...

Your legs looks great in that pic:). Keep up the good work. NO SURGERY!!! Hang in there and just picture your sporty brace with a hot pair of kitten heels. You'll knock the socks off of those Spokane boys.