time for an update!

Remember The List? 30 things to do before I turn 30. Well, I'm down to 3+ months (yikes!!!) so I figured I should check in on my own progress... Here goes.

1. go to a foreign country (and canada does not count) Check. Roatan (Honduras). It was awesome. Need to travel more, stat.
2. visit a new state Checking off this weekend, when I head to the great state of Texas! My goal: find one of the Man vs. Food restaurants to eat at LOL. Also plan to see the Alamo.
3. finally get healthy/in shape for realsies Hmm. Does rehabbing my knee count? I am trying to eat better, need to rejoin WW...
4. run an entire 5k race Um, probably not gonna happen. Darn skiing accident.
5. get another tattoo Check. Still want another one though - I think a wrist one is up next...
6. do something gravity-defying (zip-line! skydive? hot air balloon?) Wasn't allowed to zipline in Roatan, so may have to put this on hold. But I do still plan to do it as soon as I'm allowed.
7. learn to like wine (i feel like this is something 30-year-olds do...) Yeah...no. Decided I'm a beer gal through-and-through. And am happy about that.
8. convince one of my sisters to have a child and/or adopt a chinese baby NOT going well. Dammit people.
9. try at least 10 foods i've never had before (brussel sprouts is at the top of the list for some reason - i think they are so cute) I made some kick-ass brussel sprouts on Turkey Day, they were delish! I don't think I've tried anything else new yet though... Suggestions?
10. get a cute little old lady bike. with a basket. and a bell. preferably pink. I haven't done this yet - there's still time. I do a lot of bike riding these days though, as it's the only activity I'm cleared to do so far. :)
11. go camping. in a tent. Hasn't happened. It's COLD outside! Doubt it'll warm up before May...
12. spend more time with my seattle friends Check, mostly. Could always get over there more.
13. spend more time with my family - especially the east-coasters Check, mostly. Vacay was awesome. Think they need to come visit Spokane stat!
14. go to a Zags b-ball game. or 5. None yet this year. We kinda suck though, so it's not a total loss...
15. tell off someone who pisses me off Haven't really been pissed off by anyone yet. I don't think.
16. take dance lessons (inspired by SYTYCD of course) Ha, probably not happening before the big day, since I'm still on crutches...
17. go to at least 5 concerts Let's see- Ray Lamontagne/David Gray, Tim McGraw/Lady A, and John Craigie/The Shook Twins... I have plenty of time to squeeze 2 more in!
18. finish a knitting project Definitely has NOT happened yet. Probably won't.
19. watch the sunrise once in every season I saw one this fall. And plenty this winter since it is still dark when I go to work. So once spring comes, should mark this off.
20. go to a spa Did get a pretty sweet massage at Highlands in Post Falls a few months ago. Check.
21. read 3 classic books (suggestions?...) I got about 70 pages into Don Quixote - then kinda gave up on it. It is REALLY long.
22. quit swearing so fucking much Nope. Still swear like a god damn sailor.
23. become an expert in growing one particular plant (i'm thinking sunflowers). and i won't probably be able to actually produce the product before my b-day, but it's a start :) Um, hasn't happened yet. Why was this on my list? Dumb. I don't really even like gardening.
24. go on at least 5 trips/vacations before then (3 are already planned, that leaves 2 to go...) Let's see... Seattle (does that count?), Roatan, and San Antonio. Planning to go to New Orleans for the Big Day. Still need one more! Ideas?
25. make a new, awesome friend Hmmm... I have been hanging out with Curtis a ton, and he's awesome. But I've known him for ages. Although we didn't hang out much before. I'll give it a 1/2 check.
26. be more open/outgoing with strangers I think check? Whatever. Another dumb one.
27. teach Lucy some crazy, stupid trick that wows everyone she meets Um, I think we're going backwards with the training. She is really bored since I can't do much with her. I do still plan to do this one though...
28. learn a new hobby (i'm thinking quilting? maybe painting? i don't know) Nothing yet. My yarn spinning idea keeps getting waylaid.
29. listen to my entire iTunes library (currently about 4k songs). delete the shit i don't like. This will take too long. I already know I hate about 25% of the songs, I just don't feel like taking the time to delete them.
30. take an Italian class Hasn't happened yet. Did get my tattoo in Italian, maybe that counts?

Well, overall, not bad. Not great either. I decided about 30% of the items on the list are stupid. So if anyone has any new/better ideas, I'm open! There's still (some) time!

Comments

Meredith said…
Well, my wedding is ten days after your birthday, which is close enough, so you should clearly make one of your remaining required trips to San Diego!
Laurie said…
1. Quit making stupid lists.

And delete that horrible mix you made us listen to on vacay.

Get that old lady bike and we can pedal to the store together!
Katie said…
Mer- working on it! i definitely want to come to the wedding, trying to gather some spokane peeps to come! :)

and thanks, mom.
Lis said…
I think your list is fine. Just consider it done. :-) Have fun this weekend!
Cara said…
100% agree with mom on all accounts!
Meg said…
I love you. I love lists.