Getting old sucks!

I've been waiting MONTHS for skiing weather to roll around. And sure enough, it is finally here! We've been getting dumped on around these parts (with more to come) and usually my only reason for not going skiing is that I never have anyone to go with (which is what happens when all your friends are either too poor or too busy)...

BUT, my BFF Sara is in town for a few days with her hubby Trent! And sure enough, they were heading up to 49 Degrees North for some skiing today! Hurray!

The weather was spectacular, the snow was pretty darn near perfect, and although I am totes out of shape I was ready!


Unfortch, my body disagreed. I took a hell of a spill while goofing around on the bunny hill of all places - which apparently is what happens when you get over-confident and combine that with being tired. :( So BFF kindly took her little Snow Bunny buns down to the lift and they sent over ski patrol - since I could not put any weight on my knee without it buckling immediately, I got the works - toboggan ride! Holla!

After freezing my buns in the medic room for a bit, we sadly cut our ski day short (Trent, Sara's mom and her cousins thankfully stayed and skied a bit more) and drove in to the hospital. Sara proved why she is a good buddy, and patiently waited with me while we were surrounded by coughing children and smelly people...
So basically all of that happened, and all the doc could tell me is that it is probably a strain to the MCL, but could be a tear - basically since they didn't want to pay for an MRI (which I get, healthcare costs are ridiculous as it is) I just have to give it a week or so - if it feels better, it's just a strain; if it doesn't get better or gets any worse it's probably a tear. Yikes! The last thing I want is tan lines from a knee brace LOL!
And that's what I get for screwing around on the Bunny Hill.

Comments

Laurie said…
1. that is my FAVE Xmas Santa picture. Yay! Esp. love the fancy-schmancy high heel snow boots with fur trim :0

2. so sad you killed your knee on the bunny hill. Those kiddie hills are deviously treacherous, what with all the 'jumps' and whatnot. Get better fast!

3. The good news: you might get to ride a wheelchair thru the airport on our trip (or even get us all a ride on one of those little airport cars), and we can board first bc you will need 'a little extra time'. Plus parlay that bad knee into seats up by the bulkhead with lots of legroom.

Win/Win/Win!
Katie said…
about the same today...
Anonymous said…
Sounds good, I like to read your blog, just added to my favorites ;)
Anonymous said…
О! C'est ma première visite i temps ici. J'ai trouvé tellement de choses intéressantes sur votre blog en particulier sa discussion. Du tonnes de commentaires sur vos articles, je suppose que je ne suis pas le seul à avoir tout le plaisir ici! maintenir le bon travail.