adventure in Lucy-sitting

For about 3 weeks now, I've been talking about/thinking about hiking out at Riverside State Park (Bowl & Pitcher to be exact) - and finally, finally I was able to gather the troops yesterday to go! We had to hold off about 4 different times due to thunder, but eventually the clouds parted, the sun came out, and we hurried out the door. Mom, me, Lucy, Riveria, Liam and Alex. It was a day fraught with adventure as you will see below:

Here is Lucy, overlooking the "Devil's Toenail" rapids - such a great name. You may notice she is wet, because a trip with my pup is never complete without a little jump in the water. Her first time in the river! :)

Me and Lucy on the swinging bridge... (sorry for the crappy cell-phone pics, but i'm not sure why you'd expect any better from me)

Mom and the boys on the bridge - we watched an Osprey fishing for a bit, alas we ran out of patience before he did.

the view from the swinging bridge:

RJ and Lucy, while we were waiting for WORLD'S LAMEST PARK RANGER to write us a ticket!!! That a-hole gave me an $80 fine for having my dog off-leash. Yes, I am aware it is against the rules, but still... Of course, idiot dog totally ran right up to him and started wagging her tail/kissing on him before i could catch her, so i blame the dog.

There is the Ranger's stupid truck behind the boys. Boo, park ranger. Boo.

Overall, despite the hefty fine, it was a perfect outing, complete with popsicles at the end! Yay!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Good for the ranger. Keep it leashed.
zaideafraidey said…
OMG I never have the dogs leashed at Kachess, so far so good.
Katie said…
Anon. must be MRS. Ranger, zip it. Totes lame that he gave you a ticket, a warning would've have worked just fine. Other than the tickie, it was a great time, thanks for inviting us to go.
Katie said…
again, Lavs posting under my name up there... ;)
Laurie said…
oh for christ's sake. Get your laptop fixed stat!