Saint Lavs


I am officially convinced that my mother MUST be a saint (or, at the very least, has a spot saved in heaven just waiting for her)!!!
i called her this evening on the phone, only to be met with the sound of a recorder being played - and trust me, there is NO mistaking the sound of a recorder. i, of course, asked her about it... apparently Liam was practicing his "Hot Cross Buns." Over and over and over, from the sounds of the 5-minute phone call we had. she wasn't complaining, or discouraging him, or making fun even. trust me, this alone should qualify one for sainthood!!! :) such a good gramma lowie.

Comments

Laurie said…
awww. He did play HCB over and over, even in the car on the way to tutoring. But I can't destroy his little musical soul (unlike his mom, who told him he can't practice the recorder in the house).
Laurie said…
btw, does EVERY child in the world start recorder training w HCB? Are there any OTHER recorder songs?
Katie said…
HCB is a classic - i seem to remember butchering it on the violin as well... :)
Unknown said…
I too butchered it on the violin. Sadly, there's nothing easier, but count your lucky stars mom, it's less annoying then having to hear chopsticks for hours on end.
Lis said…
Or heart and soul!
Meg said…
Oh the recorder!! I think mine was thrown in the pool after my
500th rendetion of hot cross buns...she's St. Lavs for sure.