What I did last summer

I figured that some of you may not "get" what I did this past summer... Or why I would take a gigantic paycut to do it! So I thought I'd put up just a smidge of the amazing things that I got to experience as a staff member/nurse at Camp Cross, an Episcopal camp on Lake Coeur d'Alene. I basically spent 3 months laughing, playing, goofing off, tanning, swimming, learning (sort of) to sail, hiking, not getting any sleep, being a kid. It was the most fun I've ever had!





This all pretty much happened in the first week alone (well except that last pic!), so it was an action-packed summer! And while I'm really glad to be back in the hospital, it was nice to get a break from the "real world" and my everyday life...

Comments

Laurie said…
that one where you are doing the tree climbing thing is SCARY. I would NEVER be able to get off the platform!
Laurie said…
hey am I the only person who reads this blog?!
Unknown said…
Nope, I'm here, but now that I have no student teacher, it takes some time for me to get to these dang things.
Meg said…
I'm here too, and actually saw it the day Kate sent it...but sick kids kept trying to die and although I love my dear KT, I think it might have looked bad if cause of death said: Nurse looking at cousin's blog. I love it Kate and I love that you don't have all the insane dumb fear your mom and I do. You'll be a much more sane and happy person. But fears do get you out of a lot of stuff.
Laurie said…
who says she doesn't have a lot of fears. Ask her about snorkeling in Hawaii, and immediately starting to hyperventilate as soon as she stuck her head under the water, plus seeing a sea turtle. BTW, you are a very responsible nurse Meg. Nice of you to hold off on the comments until after the children died.
Katie said…
Good job not letting the kids due on your watch Megs! And I was terrified about that ropes course, I hugged the tree on the platform for about 45 mins before I moved!
Sue said…
Katie - you are my hero! pam and kirdy would just jump at the scary rope stuff with gusto - i am a tree hugger for sure!